Old Man Winter is here. Ice, snow, and wind can wreak havoc on your home and your budget. Standard homeowners insurance policies can cover most disasters that result from a freeze, but it’s better to minimize the potential risks! Follow these tips to help prepare your home for the bitter cold.
- Clean out gutters and install gutter guards.
- Trim trees and remove dead branches
- Repair steps and handrails.
- Keep sidewalks and entrances to your home clear of snow and ice.
- Keep your garage doors closed.
- Add extra insulation to attics, basements, and around pipes.
- Install smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Have your heating system professionally serviced.
- Move combustible items away from heat sources.
- Know where your pipes are located and how to shut the water off.
Even though you take every precaution, problems can still arise. Everett & Sons Insurance Agency is here for you! Give us a call at (781) 893-0885 or visit us online at https://www.everettandsons.com/ to review your homeowners insurance policy and ensure you’re protected for anything winter can throw at you.